Another great spread for on top of your courgette bread is this fig jam. You can make it from fresh figs when they are in season, but if not you can just as easily make this jam from dried figs. This recipe is quick, simple, and does not require a lot of ingredients!
Roughly chop up your dried figs (15-20 dried figs will do). Add them to a sauce pan and add 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 cup of honey, juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon, and 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (you can substitute this for 1/2 tsp vanilla extract if you don’t have vanilla powder).
Bring the contents of the pan to a boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes. Let the pan cool down to room temperature and then add the contents to a food processor.
Blend the contents until a smooth jam forms. Taste the jam and adjust by adding more lemon or honey if necessary.
Store in an old jam jar and keep it in the fridge.
- 15-20 dried figs – roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, and then add to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Store in the fridge